Great Gains is the only High-Sugar Grass mixture formulated for sheep, goats and other ruminant animals.
Improve the quality of existing pastures with SucraSEED's high-sugar grass mix for overseeding.
Great Gains™ High Sugar Grass (HSG)
pasture seed mix will help improve your
Great Gains High Sugar Grass pastures allow farmers to work with nature to improve the health and yield of their livestock, pastures and farming operations.
This proven formula is the preferred choice of progressive farmers throughout the Northwest, Midwest, Northeastern and Mid Atlantic regions, including sustainable and organic farmers.
- High Sugar Grasses are extremely drought and cold tolerant.
- A Great Gains pasture will regenerate each year even after difficult weather conditions.
- The increased sugar levels occur naturally, and do not require extra fertilizer.
- The naturally quick growth rate of HSGs crowd out weeds and reduce the need for herbicides even on heavily grazed areas.
- SucraSEED mixes rapid re-growth is extraordinary, delivering tremendous yields, this allows farms to take hay crops after a full season of grazing.
Health and Nutrition
- Sheep, Goats and other ruminant animal's preference for Great Gains results in an up to 38% increase in dry matter intake.
- High Sugar Grasses improve digestibility and protein conversion.
- Great Gains boosts energy levels in all ruminat animals.
- Grazing sheep and goats on High Sugar Grass reduces the need for supplements.
- Great Gains creates highly-sustainable pastures.
- Using HSGs reduces dependence on herbicides. It also reduces the need to supplement diets with high-energy intensive crops like corn and soybeans.
- Animals feeding on Geat Gains are shown to emit up to 24% less nitrogen in urine and feces.
- Great Gains is non-GMO.
- Sheep and goats experience increased stocking rates of up to 20%.
- Finishing costs are reduced.
- Extra forage yields can extend the grazing season and reduce winter feed costs.
- Costs of Production are lower due to savings on herbicides and the reduced need for minerals, additives or lower quality (lignified) forage.